I love my CrockPot . Particularly in the cooler seasons its my favorite kitchen appliance. Soups to stews, roasts to chickens, cakes, breads, I can do em all in this little beauty. And all, without paying much attention to it. Now I ask you, what man in your life could you say that about ? (I know) Plus, using my CrockPot helps me save money, and we all like to save. It uses so little electricity (less than your stove-top or oven) and even the least expensive cuts of meats can come out fork tender and delish!
This month, I’m going to be posting some of my best CrockPot recipes and I’m inviting you all to the party! I know you all have at least one favorite recipe. Whether its a party dip, a tailgating chili, or even your favorite pot roast. Link up with me here and share those fall comfort foods that your CrockPot makes that much easier and that much yummier!
Here’s my first entry, I know you’ll love this twist on a fall favorite. My White Chicken Chili is hearty and just the slightest bit spicy. (not too spicy for the kids tho) Paired with homemade cornbread or crispy tortillas, its a meal all to itself. Chopped Avocados, sourcream, cheese, green onions, or even a slice of lime; all make perfect add ons to this yummy chili.
What you’ll need
- 3 cans Bushs Cannellini Beans, not drained (you can substitute navy beans if you must )
- 1 pound boneless chicken (breasts or thighs)- chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2tbl Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 yellow onion-chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper-chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper-chopped
- 2 cloves garlic-chopped
- 1 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 12 oz your favorite beer
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes (just a pinch ‘yall)
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro chopped
- In a large heavy skillet , heat oil and add in the chopped chicken. Cook until browned slightly and no longer pink. Set aside.
- In the same skillet (add a little more oil if necessary) cook the onion, bell pepper and garlic until softened, Set aside.
- In your crock pot combine the beans, cumin, oregano, chicken stock, white pepper and beer. (you can omit the beer if you’d prefer, all of the alcohol cooks out however and the flavor is yummmmmm. Replace with water if you omit.)
- Stir in the onion, bell pepper and garlic mixture.
- Set your crock pot on high and add in the chicken.
- Reduce the heat to low after one hour add in the cilantro and cook another 4-6 hours.
- Spoon the chili into warm bowls and top with your favorite chili topping.
Note: I don’t salt this chili while its cooking, I prefer to omit the salt and add at the table if desired.
This recipe is not sponsored by any brand or manufacturer. I am a brand loyalist on some items in my pantry. (Cannellini beans are one) and I happen to have owned an original CrockPot since 1972. Thats my disclosure ‘yall!
Lets see what you’ve got! Show your CrockPot (and me) some love. (pps. I love comments too! If you don’t have a recipe..don’t worry..leave a comment tho and let us know you were here!)
Grab A Button and Share The Fun! Then Add in your own links below and share your best crock pot love!